[icq-devel] Network issues

Zoe Smale skyerat at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:14:56 CET 2002

>a) has the 'stay alive' issue been discussed already ? i remember a thread
>about it some time ago
>but did the conversation get to an end? It 'might' happend that after being
>logged on the netwok for a pretty looooong time, the client stops receiving
>server packets. I might be missing some 'i'm alive' replies :).

I'm not sure what discussion you're refering to (it may have been before I
joined the list). The only form of "stay alive" that I'm aware of is the
channel 5 FLAP that gets sent every 58 seconds.

>b) has anyone had the problem of receiving, once every 5/6 logins, for
>example a flap which says
>hey im lets say a buddy status change snac! and my flap says i have 200
>bytes of data ahead!
>instead, the so lovely packet is 198, or 199 bytes long, i mean, less than
>200 bytes.?

This is just a wild guess, but could it not be a bug in a particular client
that's just getting forwarded through the server? Perhaps try keeping a log
of what commands are causing the problem and what users they are coming from
(assuming they are user-originated commands and not server commands).

>just came from work im damn tired, ill take a nap and watch 'memento' ...:)

Great movie! Enjoy.

Regards
Zoe