[icq-devel] Family 2 SNACs on ICQ

Zoe Smale skyerat at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:42:11 CET 2002

The past couple of days I've been looking at the various Family 2 SNACs, and
it seems to me that most of them are probably not used by ICQ (such as the
Directory Profile and User Interest SNACs). However, the User Info SNACs
(2/5 and 2/6) certainly look like they could be used in ICQ, but I've never
actually seen them called.

I haven't actually got as far as writing a client yet, so I'd like to ask
anyone that has a working client whether they've used any of these SNACs
successfully. And if SNAC 2/5 does actually work in ICQ, can it also be used
to retrieve the ICQ away message? And what happens if you request the user
profile (as used by AIM) for an ICQ user? Does it fail or does ICQ generate
some sort of profile message like it does on the "Unified Messaging Center"
webpage?

Actually, now that I think about it, even the Directory Profile request
(SNAC 2/B) and the User Interests request (SNAC 2/11) could theoretically be
used to query ICQ directory information. If anyone feels like giving those a
test too, I'd be very interested to know the results.

Thanks
- Zoe