[icq-devel] weird as hell, no more 450 bytes limitation?

rad2k rad2k at mail.ru
Wed Dec 25 23:04:46 CET 2002

Type 1 messages are no longer limited to 450 bytes.
went to go.icq.com and used their webinterfaces and realised it allowed more
than 450 bytes, so i went like great they are using type 2 messages, the newer ones.
and No, i was getting type 1 messages!.

So i started sending from my client longer messages (> 450) and the server was ok with it.
i am being able to send longer type 1 messages at least -right now-. I guess this is a
new policy.

I dont know yet how limited they are, anyone who wants to test is welcome ill keep on testing.

Merry xmass! and happy new year.

rad2k
-