[icq-devel] unknown message packet

Zoe Smale skyerat at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 08:50:48 CET 2002

> When i send (with Miranda or Trillian) messages that contains more than
410
> char, i receive a Snac(0x04, 0x0A). This snac is called "Missed call" in
the
> Oscar Documentation.
> I've tried to send the same message(>410 char) to a miranda or trillian
> clone; they receive  the message with no problem.

I'm just guessing here, but maybe you haven't set the right capabilities for
your client. I can't remember what all of them are, but I'm pretty sure
Rüdiger's site has a list. If it's not that, it could be the version of ICQ
that you're claiming to support. If you claim to be an older version, or
your protocol version numbers are low, the server may think you are
incapable of receiving large messages so it sends you this "missed call"
packet instead.

Regards
Zoe