[icq-devel] Rate Limits - SNACs 1/06 1/07 and 1/08

Mark van Cuijk webmaster at phedny.zzn.com
Tue Dec 3 15:59:37 CET 2002

Hi,

Your story really makes sense to me. But there is one thing I'd like to bring up about the following structure:

>WORD  Class ID
>DWORD Window Size
>DWORD Clear Level
>DWORD Alert Level
>DWORD Limit Level
>DWORD Disconnect Level
>DWORD Start Level
>DWORD Max Level
>DWORD Last Time
>BYTE  Start State

While in the middle of a session with the ICQ server, I invoked a new 1/06 to request my rate information again, but now the value which you call "Start Level" seems to have a
different value. I suggest renaming it to "Current Level", since it's decreasing while sending SNACs and increased when requesting the rate information after a time of
silence.

Also, I don't get the point of the value "Start State", since it seems to be 114 with me, and you only told about a state 1, 2 and a 3.

- Mark