[icq-devel] Whitepages search

Rohan Harris q at portalpcs.com
Thu Aug 15 07:31:01 CEST 2002

Ok, despite the problems earlier (I solved the issues with the CLI_FAMILIES
packet by simply re-writing the routine I was using to send data) I'm
progressing reasonably well - the client connects to the server, sends it's
keepalives, and grabs any standard messages sent to it.

This is all through the server for the moment - I'll leaving
direct-connection stuff until later. But in the mean while I've been trying
to get searches working, and the server just doesn't reply to the data I
send it. It's not disconnecting me, and it accepts other packets I send
using the same method, so I've probably just got the wrong number of bytes
or I'm making some other silly mistake. I'll keep looking at it, but in case
it saves me hours, can anyone see anything really obviously wrong with this
packet? It's a WP search packet, empty fields except for being set to "male"
and "online only".

2A 02 00 12 00 46
   00 15 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00
      00 01 00 50 4E 00