[icq-devel] ICQ Protocol Documentation Stategies

Douglas McLaughlin stricq at owlnet.net
Sat Apr 27 22:05:29 CEST 2002

At 03:29 PM 4/27/2002, you wrote:

> >--[Barnaby Gray]--<bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk>
> > On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:14:01PM -0400, Douglas McLaughlin wrote:
> > > Yes, I run the website on my own home computer.  It's just fun!
> > Good.. but if it's going to be a central resource for the icq
> > community we should consider finding a dedicated hosting facility. I
> > know I could put it on the sourceforge space libicq2000 has, but
> > that's PHP (yuck!) and wouldn't offer any kind of SQL database
> > functionality that would be kind of essential.
>
>I always wondered why nobody put more information into that database - I was
>surprised I could write to the database without anyone checking my changes
>(I added SNAC(3,5), (9,5-8) with information from the licq source and the v7
>protocol information yesterday). So mICQ now has working invisible/visible
>list/invisibility (if you don't send those lists, you'll always be visible).

Me too.  Several people have, but not much.

>What I wish to have would be a possibility to download the current state of
>the database as a .tgz of html files, so that I could browse the files
>locally. I'd also be happy if I would be allowed to distribute that with
>mICQ...

Hmmm, I'd have to build that in somehow...

>I don't know what you need to have the database running, but since I'm
>administering some institute's computers, I could easily set the stuff up on
>one of the machines (running some 7.x SuSE).

Its an M$ Access database being served by ColdFusion Express.

>Yours, Rüdiger (mICQ & AmigaApache maintainer).

AmigaApache, huh?  Cool.  So when is the 2.0 release coming for Amiga?  I'm
running 1.23 right now.

Doug

--
Douglas F. McLaughlin      [Chancellor's List - Spring/Fall 2001,
STR Programming Services    University of North Carolina - Pembroke]
stricq at owlnet.net
http://www.stricq.com/     { while(!sleep) sheep++; }
Team Amiga                 http://www.amiga.com/