[icq-devel] ICQ Protocol Documentation Stategies

Rüdiger Kuhlmann icq-list-oWUpAQCWC2r4 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Sat Apr 27 21:29:53 CEST 2002

>--[Barnaby Gray]--<bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:14:01PM -0400, Douglas McLaughlin wrote:
> > Yes, I run the website on my own home computer.  It's just fun!
> Good.. but if it's going to be a central resource for the icq
> community we should consider finding a dedicated hosting facility. I
> know I could put it on the sourceforge space libicq2000 has, but
> that's PHP (yuck!) and wouldn't offer any kind of SQL database
> functionality that would be kind of essential.

I always wondered why nobody put more information into that database - I was
surprised I could write to the database without anyone checking my changes
(I added SNAC(3,5), (9,5-8) with information from the licq source and the v7
protocol information yesterday). So mICQ now has working invisible/visible
list/invisibility (if you don't send those lists, you'll always be visible).

What I wish to have would be a possibility to download the current state of
the database as a .tgz of html files, so that I could browse the files
locally. I'd also be happy if I would be allowed to distribute that with
mICQ...

I don't know what you need to have the database running, but since I'm
administering some institute's computers, I could easily set the stuff up on
one of the machines (running some 7.x SuSE).

Yours, Rüdiger (mICQ & AmigaApache maintainer).

--
         100 DM sind  51 €  13 ¢.
         100 €  sind 195 DM 58 pf.
  mailto:ruediger at ruediger-kuhlmann.de