[icq-devel] question on direct connections

Douglas McLaughlin stricq at owlnet.net
Sat Apr 27 21:06:58 CEST 2002

At 02:07 PM 4/27/2002, you wrote:

>i'll go take a look, i didnt know it was still v5 that means theres
>lots of info out there too, thanks btw.

It's not v5, which is the UDP protocol.  I assume you are talking about
direct client-client connections, yes?  That is done with TCP and uses v8
(not at all related to v8 of the AIM/ICQ client-server protocol.)  AFAIK,
the only place v8 of the client-client protocol is document is in
libicq2000 as previously stated.

Doug

--
Douglas F. McLaughlin      [Chancellor's List - Spring/Fall 2001,
STR Programming Services    University of North Carolina - Pembroke]
stricq at owlnet.net
http://www.stricq.com/     { while(!sleep) sheep++; }
Team Amiga                 http://www.amiga.com/