[icq-devel] Dud User Online SNACs

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 18:33:14 CEST 2002

I've noticed I seem to get quite a few of the user online (SNAC
0x0003,0x000b) snacs in the regular updates with the LAN details TLV
(TLV 0x0c) having blanks in it for all the port+IP fields. I get the
fields set for contacts in the first update after first logon and then
these dud updates are clearing them out. It only seems to have been
happening recently - so it's either a server change or possibly just
because some contacts on my list have upgraded their clients to
2001/2002. Anyone else noticed this?

I guess I could just ignore the updates, but it seems like there must
be something signalling in these packets that they are duds.

Cheers,

Barnaby