[icq-devel] My Clone won't receive any notifications

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 07:55:48 CEST 2002

I'm writing a v8 clone.  I can (finally) login in fully, and my normal ICQ
client sees my test account logged in using the clone, and I can send
messages from my clone to the normal client just fine.  But whenever I send
any messages to my clone from the normal client, I don't receive any
notifications from the server or otherwise.  I'm not receiving any user
online/offline notifications at all either, though I do receive the contacts
list.  What's the key to getting these events triggered correctly????

Also, when logging in with my test account, everything is good, but when I
log in using my regular account, I'm always getting a socket error 10022
right after receiving SNAC(13, 3).  Closer examination shows that the
incoming length value in the FLAP header is over 3000 bytes, and it's
causing WinSock to error trying to read that much data from the socket
:-(  So I broke the reading up into smaller chunks, which seems to help, but
now I'm still getting a bunch of corrupted data at about the same place now
that I'm not getting the 10022 error anymore.  Also, when loggin in with my
test account now, I'm not receiving anymore data at all after SNAC(13, 3)
:-(

Gambit