[icq-devel] V7 Invisible Mode

Terry Berman tberman at cox.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 16:56:39 CET 2001

Hi,

I am having some "issues" with invisible mode using the V7 protocol.  Perhaps, someone has an idea.
Here is what is happening:

1. When I set the status to invisible other users are able to see the invisible status.  For example, in the icq 2000b client
 it shows up as the correct status, but I am still visible to that client (i.e., it's the eye inside the flower icon).

2. If I explicitly put someone on the invisible list then it behaves as expected - they can't see me.

In V5 whenever you changed status to invisible you appeared offline to whoever wasnt on your visible list.  I would expect the
behavior here to be the same.  Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Terry