[icq-devel] my client

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 16:11:57 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 02:58:41PM -0300, Roman Stepanov wrote:

> > From: Barnaby Gray <bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk>
> > To: ICQ-Devel <icq-devel at blipp.com>
> > Subject: Re: [icq-devel] my client
> >
> > > What about other projects? Did anybody realise v7 protocol compatibility in
> > > own open-source projects?
> > >

> > My project ickle is GPLed.
> > http://ickle.sourceforge.net/
> > The library part of it, libicq2000, is also opensource, written in C++
> > and available for anyone to develop a client around - it's GUI toolkit
> > independant as well.
>
> new licq 1.0.4 supports v7 also and it is GPLed too but still not 100%
> functional.

I think the v7 support they're working on is only available in a
special branch on the CVS, not in licq 1.0.4 generally. There was
something about them changing something recently so as to try and get
direct connections working with the new clients (2001), but that's
still the old protocol. They've only spent a week of hacking or so and
it's very early days.

Whereas ickle is native v7 protocol and supports all of it implemented
so far reliably.

Barnaby