[icq-devel] Login Problems using V7 Protocol

Massimo Melina rejetto at libero.it
Mon Nov 12 05:51:40 CET 2001

Hello Terry,

Monday, November 12, 2001, 3:44:14 AM, you wrote:

TB> values  in  the snac by generating a random number as I do for the
TB> sequence  number  in the flap. However, sometimes the leading byte
TB> would be FF and the server

hey  guys,  days  ago  i  had a bug, my client disconnected after some
time.  i  found  that  it  disconnected  when  SNAC reference has most
significant bit set.
I always start from 0, but cause of an error i used the wrong
byte-order, so after 127 SNAC packets i got the MSB set.

since this error was always present in my client, i think it appeared
only recently cause the server has been modified. i think they gave
some meaning to that bit, and it cause disconnection.

Mirabilis client starts from 0, since they thinked that MSB would be
never used. Maybe...

-rejetto