[icq-devel] v5 abandoned?

Perry Werneck pwicq at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 8 00:13:55 CET 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:11:06 +0100, Massimo Melina wrote:

	Hi,

>why you guys want to send urls instead of messages with urls ?

	Sending URL messages allow the program to take diferent actions, for example, opening a diferent
dialog with extra buttons to open-it, create an URL object in the OS2 desktop, etc. It's usefull in some cases.

>i  think it's a shit that icq keeps from older version, maybe cause it

	I personally like URL messages but I know some users with your opinion.

>didn't support url recognition within messages. my lib is able to send

	Well. My MLE control don't support it; I agree I can do some changes in the code to recognize URLs
inside the text a take the apropriate actions (and, probably, I'll do this in the future) but for now I'm doing
experiences with V7 and, why not using URL messages. (-:

---
Perry Werneck
ICQ #27241234
http://planeta.terra.com.br/informatica/trevize/