[icq-devel] V5

Perry Werneck pwicq at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 1 20:51:58 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:36:03 -0800 (PST), Sanjuro E wrote:

	Hi,

>it will block all messages after that for quite some
>time. Everything expect messages (status etc) isn't
>blocked though.

	Yes. I noticed this but I still receiving spams thru ICQ and, for some "misterious" reasons the problems
with V5 protocol started just a few days after a big "Spam-storm" (I was receiving 50/100 spams every day).
Seens like some relation between the 2 events.

>I guess it is time for programs like licq to switch to
>OSCAR.

	I doing this on my client but you probably agree it's a hard work since V5 is a lot more documented
than V7. Currently I have a friend with runs Windows and ICQ2000, capture the packets and send it to me for
decoding one-by-one.

---
Perry Werneck
ICQ #27241234