[icq-devel] V5

Perry Werneck pwicq at terra.com.br
Thu Nov 1 20:09:00 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:28:17 -0800, Remy Lebeau wrote:

	Hi,

>> Is V5 protocol still online?
>Yes, for now.

	Not for many time I think. (-:

>UDP is a very unreliable protocol to begin with.

	Not so unreliable since the ICQ protocol use ACK packets. Since he's receiving the ACKs there's
some problem (or AOL intention) with the server message.

>Also, the servers have been having troubles in general lately.

	Since some spammers are using the V5 protocol to his nasty intentions in my opinion there's a heavy
change to AOL put more and more restrictions to this protocol version. For example, in the last week I noticed
a big degradation in the search feature.

---
Perry Werneck
ICQ #27241234
http://planeta.terra.com.br/informatica/trevize/