[icq-devel] ICQ Protocol Documentation

Massimo Melina rejetto at libero.it
Mon Dec 31 14:58:37 CET 2001

Hello Douglas,

DM> Question: Does ICQ2001 use v8 of the client to server protocol, or
DM> is  it  still  just the "v7" as we've been calling it and that the
DM> client  to  client  protocol  is the one that is actually at v8?

it's  easy  for  he server to distinguish the version of the protocol,
cause  at  least SNAC 1,02 is different. ICQv8 is a superset of ICQv7,
but  some feature is duplicated with different SNACs, introduced by v8
(SNAC  family 13). So if you use v8 you'll use SNAC13 instead of SNAC9
for certain features.

-rejetto