[icq-devel] direct connections using tcp-ip

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Dec 30 21:18:16 CET 2001

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:26:29PM -0000, ^Blackout wrote:
> Hello im new to this ,just wanted to ask something...
>
> Is it possible to make a direct tcp connection on clients using
> protocol V7 and where can i find the specs ?? The only thing ive saw
> on direct connection was someone (can't remember the name :D) who
> posted the specs for the direct connection packets but said he
> couldnt do the encryption right (on v7 on direct connection some
> packets are encrypted). How can i know the specs for v7 ?

I've got direct connections working in my client ickle. They are very
similar to icqv5 connections, except an extra stage of
handshaking. Turns out the encryption is the same as v5 too except
there's a byte (0x02) inserted at the start of message packets. I
don't have anything very neat written down, you'd best look at the
libicq2000's sourcecode (http://libicq2000.sourceforge.net/).

Barnaby