[icq-devel] icq-bot

Alexandr V. Shutko AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru
Mon Dec 17 09:14:05 CET 2001

Hello Hugo,

HB> 1) What is the amount of ppl that you are allowed to have on your
HB> contactlist? With v5 i believe the server stopped giving the online status
HB> after 600 contacts, which i solved by just deleting it's contactlist
HB> everytime, but with v7/8 the list is stored at the server, so this may be a
HB> little more tricky
Well, yesterday i analysed icq client dump... I noticed several facts
but i'll check them first. I can say only that i think that snac(3,3)
contain this information. Typical values: 600, 752, 512.... AIM docs
describe this pack as messaging subsystem parameters.... first value
from this snac equal yours... i'll check it with my server after
finishing login sequence...

HB> 2) What is the maximum amount of simultaneous connections from one ip?
HB> Because of problem nr1 i decided to make several bots, all with only about
HB> 300 ppl on it's list, but i recently learned here that there is a maximum per
HB> ip. Not that that is a big problem since the idea was also that i would be
HB> able to spread the load (too much for my p100) on several machines.
Well this limit exists (client have this error type built in it).  But
haven't seen this value in server replies (it should be there). Can
you check this value ?

HB> And maybe are there any other limitations for bots? Like limit on
HB> through-server msg's, or sms'es, what the server certainly will have included
HB> against spambots (*), or maybe a maximum of ppl that can have it on their
HB> concact list?
There are rate limit values that server sends after BOS signon on
client request, but afaik nobody explore its mean yet...

--
With respect,
Alexandr V. Shutko                           mailto:AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru