[icq-devel] ICQv7/v8 error codes

Alexandr V. Shutko AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru
Fri Dec 14 10:35:32 CET 2001

Hello all,

I'm adding V7/V8 protocol support to my ICQ server
(http://iserverd.khstu.ru) and today I decide to explore all
authorization errors that ICQ2000/2001 knows

I write some lines in V7 code to force server send incrementing error
codes on every new connect... And after that I start trying to connect
ICQ2001 to my server...

+--------------------+-------------------------------------------------+
| errcode - TLV(8)   | Error                                           |
+--------------------+-------------------------------------------------+
| 0x0001             | Client doesn't support this error type          |
| 0x0004, 0x0005     | Password error                                  |
| 0x0007, 0x0008     | "This ICQ# doesn't exist"                       |
| 0x0015, 0x0016     | Num of UINs connected from 1 IP reached maximum |
| 0x0017             | *non-effect                                     |
| 0x0018, 0x001D     | Rate limit exceeded                             |
| 0x001B             | You are using an older version of ICQ. Upgrage  |
| 0x001E             | Can't register on ICQ network. Please try again |
| 0x0046             | *non-effect                                     |

* this mean that client doesn't disconnect from server after receiving
  error code....

--
With respect,
Alexandr V. Shutko                           mailto:AVShutko at mail.khstu.ru