[icq-devel] Re: Question on jcq2k: How to keep it alive

Steve Youngs youngs at xemacs.org
Tue Dec 11 03:24:05 CET 2001

|--==> "BG" == Barnaby Gray <bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

  BG> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:36:02PM +0200, Sami K Makinen wrote:
  >>Anyway, I'm up for developing it. I think it's the only V7 library (or
  >>client for that matter) available that's available.

  BG> Nope, there is quite a few available now, in various states of
  BG> development.

  BG> There's my client ickle, along with the library libicq2000. All C++
  BG> code, with ickle using the gtk toolkit. (http://ickle.sourceforge.net/)

[...]

  BG> And I'm sure there's many others people are working on.

Yep, there's also my client, Eicq, a client for XEmacs,
<http://eicq.sf.net/>.  However, we're still very much still in the
planning stage.  Probably because we're mainly lisp programmers who
know very little about ICQ protocol programming. :-(

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|             Eicq - An ICQ client for XEmacs.             |