[icq-devel] Question on jcq2k: How to keep it alive || + couple of questions on v7

rad2k at mail.ru rad2k at mail.ru
Mon Dec 10 18:38:52 CET 2001

Hey Barnaby,

I didn't know about the licq people v7 support development, are they suscribed
to this list?.
Just wanted to tell the people that they should download ickle asap since i've
been using it
for one or two weeks already at home and it perfectly runs the v7 protocol.
I had no lost messages or sudden disconnections.

Its a pitty it still doesnt have a history support (which has driven me crazy)
and Search db.
But i bet you are working on it?.

I have a couple of questions to make to everyone in here that knows the v7
protocol.

1)
When trying to send my Client Ready SNAC (was that 1,2? im at work cant
remember right now), i believe i create the packet perfectly, but i get a SNAC
1,1 from the Server (which the aim protocol describes as Client/Server Error).

If i try to intentionally break the packet, I get no server reply when it's
sent. So i believe that means the packet im sending is 100% correct. Is anyone
else having the same reply?

2)
Although I get the Server ready packet, I dont see my UIN in an Online Status.
Is it because of my Client Ready SNAC Error? Or do I need to change status to
ONLINE?

3)
The difference between sending the server an icq2000 / icq2001 client ready
SNAC consists in different SubTypeID's ? I mean, if I send an icq2001 Client
Ready packet, Will i receive SNAC SubTypes that i won't if i sent the icq2000
Client Ready packet?

4)
Since v7 runs using the TCP/IP protocol, I would like to implement HTTPS proxy
support. I believe that requires the use of OpenSSL libraries. Does ICQ bring
any kind of protocol support for this kind of proxy? Or the support for HTTPS
will be totally independent from the ICQ protocol.

Thanks in advance,
rad. Argentina climbing the icq mountain!.