[icq-devel] Question on jcq2k: How to keep it alive

Barnaby Gray bgrg2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 10 16:52:15 CET 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:36:02PM +0200, Sami K Makinen wrote:

> Oh, okay. I didn't check any logs or anything, I just got the timeout
> error from JCQ2K. I'm not using the "built-in" user interface that comes
> with JCQ2K, so maybe I don't get all the info...
>
> Anyway, I'm up for developing it. I think it's the only V7 library (or
> client for that matter) available that's available.

Nope, there is quite a few available now, in various states of
development.

There's my client ickle, along with the library libicq2000. All C++
code, with ickle using the gtk toolkit. (http://ickle.sourceforge.net/)

There is also a kde client kxicq which I believe has got quite far.

The licq team are working on icq2000 support in a development branch
on their CVS.

Then there's miranda icq for windows that has got icq2000 support now.

And I'm sure there's many others people are working on.

Barnaby