[icq-devel] Question on jcq2k: How to keep it alive

Sami K Makinen skmakine at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 10 14:15:56 CET 2001

Hi

I haven't seen anything like that, for me JCQ2K works for the most part.
However when I'm using JCQ2K it will sooner or later stop sending messages
(reports timeout sending message) and I have to reconnect it. Also there's
no non-fatal errors it seems :) if I try to send a message to a
non-existant recipient I again have to reconnect before anything works.

I'm all for developing JCQ2K further (and keeping it Open Source!), but I
know nothing of the V7 protocol, I only know V5. Also I'm a little
time-limited, but I can definitely help with debugging (as I'm using JCQ2K
as my regular day-to-day ICQ client).

How are things with you Joe, are you working on JCQ2K still?

-Sami