[icq-devel] Question on jcq2k: How to keep it alive

Steve mcchau at shellyeah.org
Mon Dec 10 11:29:29 CET 2001

Hi All,

As ICQ protocol v5 is fading out, micq has stopped working any
more. That left me with no choice but to make a text-based ICQ
client for myself. I chose jcq2k (author: Filippov Joe) to be my
starting point.

My problem is:
After the plugin logs in, everythings works great. But
a few minutes (may be shorter, I didn't time
it) later, I receive this error:

33351425 changed its client status to offline
[reason: icq server operation timed
out: loginSequence_50waitForWwwAolComPacket]
33351425 reports exception:  org.jcq2k.MessagingNetworkException
Error while login: icq server operation timed
out: loginSequence_50waitForWwwAolComPacket

I *guess* the error was caused by the client not sending
KEEP-ALIVE packets to the server or something like this.

What modifications are needed to resolve the above
problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

-steven

P.S. I will turn my project into an open-source one once the
above is solved.