[icq-devel] weird scene

raddy rad2k at mail.ru
Mon Dec 10 02:11:53 CET 2001

hey fatcat/lau/jake ?,

            Thanks for the information, yes ive known micq for a long
time, as a pitty its v5 and nowadays v5 is working pretty bad, id say
everyone i know that are using it are complaining about lost messages or
disconnections.

Thats why im coding my own v7 client as i did with v5 before.

Well let me tell you that there is NO way you can update v5 to v7 when
talking about code. :)  Its cool if you are coding a TCP implementation
for the UDP packets (Btw, ive seen a tool out there to encapsulate udp
into some kind of tcp packets for proxy trespassing or something) but in
no way the existing code of micq for v5 is going to be useful for v7.

Ive been through the v5 protocol coding before, and i am with v7 right now.

Lots of differences. Thanks god massimo along with his document are the
light in my dark path to heaven.

regards

./rad (phat or not, rad ;P )