[icq-devel] ICQ V5-- JAVA -- Strange connection problem

William T Wilson fluffy at snurgle.org
Thu Aug 30 18:43:53 CEST 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, irf Chen wrote:

> Ya...that't my problem. I know there is no unsigned type in JAVA. But
> I am not sure how to avoid this problem. Could you give me some
> suggestions?

I've encountered this problem a million times, but always in encryption
code, I've never had the trouble with UIN's.  They aren't up to 2 billion
yet so it doesn't matter :)

(although they might possibly reach it within the lifetime of your app
:) )

The bitwise operators all work as if the number was unsigned.  You can use
those, which is what I did.  Instead of trying to port the pseudocode in
the docs, just look at what the algorithm is doing and implement it
yourself.